Member Meeting Minutes
October 21, 2023
Social time: 11am. Call to Order: 11:30 am by President Lynn Ondercin
1. Lynn welcomed members.
2. The Member Meeting Minutes of September 16, 2023, were approved. Motion made by Pam, seconded by Cindy.
4. Treasurer Report: We have $3721.93 in our treasury.
5. Membership report: Dues are $35 and $50 for a family, are payable at this meeting and must be paid by December. Three new members attended this meeting.
6. Expo Report: Judy explained Expo, our weekend of workshops and gallery show. We need volunteers to instruct, assist, and work at Expo. See June or Judy. This event is our “thank you” to CCAC and our annual signature event so we need everyone to help out.
7. Group project is called “Fabulous Florida”. Sign up for a canvas board and/or return your finished one. These squares will be displayed as a “quilt” and be exhibited as a CCAC show in May 2024. Judy reminded members that the back should be filled in with name, title, media and not be messy. Please also fill out the requirements sheet and return it with your square.
8. Donate art for Expo raffle in February. This raffle raises money for our scholarships fund.
9. Paul David raffled off Maureen Ginipro’s Pentangle piece and it was won by Laura Adams. He then explained our “Guild Gallery” and how to sign up to participate. New members can showcase their work for most of February and all of March. Featured artists each month should call CCAC and tell them when they are bringing in their work and when they are removing.
Paul also explained the Expo raffle. Tickets are $1 each and 6 for $5 and can be purchased ahead of time or at the Expo festivities. Kindly donate a piece of work for this good cause.
10. Lexington Craft Boutique on November 1st - All vendor slots are filled. Guild members are welcome to attend and check it out.
Also remember the sales opportunity at Holly Daze at CCAC. Sign up now!
The Lexington Craft Boutique has all vendor spots full but please attend if you are interested in selling there in the future. It is November 1st from 1am to 2pm at Lexington Country Club on Bass Road in Fort Myers.
Holly Feteke, our webmaster, Pam and Donna all worked on our rack card that will be printed and distributed to galleries and in public spaces. Holly also photographs the Guild Gallery each month for the “Featured Artist” segment of the website. Check it out!
Pam reminded us that being a member of our guild means we are all members of the Art Council of Southwest Florida. Their open shows and the two Coco Galleries are great opportunities to display and sell artwork in addition to the member shows that our own guild provides.
Ding Darling’s Art in the Wild event is happening today and tomorrow. Stop by if you can.
12. Member’s show and tell – Laura Adams showed us her jewelry and Emily Silver has pottery and silver ring and a necklace to share. Beautiful work!
Photo tent is available after the meeting.
16. Adjournment at 12:30pm
NEXT MEMBER MEETING: November 18, 2023